The Clinical Immunology and Allergy Team
The department has 4 consultants, 1 associate specialist, 2 specialist registrars and 4 clinical nurse specialists and has input from paediatricians, respiratory consultants, a dietician and administrative staff.
The aims of our department are to:
- Provide a patient centred, high quality, comprehensive and evidence based service for adults and children with immunodeficiency and autoinflammatory disease and adults with allergy.
- Act as a focus for education in immunological and allergic conditions for patients, carers, medical students and postgraduates
- Input in to paediatric Ataxia Telangiectasia clinic
- Contribute to research in autoinflammatory diseases and Ataxia Telangiectasia
- We are supported by CPA accrediated, high quality pathology laboratory services, which include our Immunology laboratory with a wide repertoire of available assays.
Meet the team
The department has 4 Consultants, 1 Associate Specialist, 2 Specialist Registrars and 4 Clinical Nurse Specialists and has input from paediatricians, respiratory consultants, a dietician and admin staff.
Dr Betsy Cleave,
Dr Evon Boules,
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Dr Elizabeth McDermott,
Dr Elizabeth Drewe,
Dr Prashantha Vaitla,
Imelda Tynan, Clinical Nurse Specialist Tel:0115 970 9130
Ruth Weldon, Clinical Nurse Specialist Tel:0115 970 9130
Marie Henson-Edwards, Patient Pathway Co-ordinator Tel:0115 970 9130
Maria O’Connor, Patient Pathway Co-ordinator Tel:0115 970 9130
Catherine Blundell, Nursing Admin Assistant Tel:0115 970 9130