The NIHR Nottingham Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) is improving the health of millions of people with common diseases like asthma and arthritis. We drive innovation in experimental science and translate research into breakthrough treatments, new technologies and advanced medicines.
At the heart of the Nottingham BRC is our internationally renowned expertise in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
Our world-leading research is in:
- gastrointestinal and liver diseases
- musculoskeletal diseases
- mental health and technology
- respiratory diseases
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) which supports all areas of research
The BRC strengthens Nottingham’s position as a leading city for research and innovation, bringing together world-leading scientists in a partnership hosted by Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust with the University of Nottingham and supported by Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust.
We are funded by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR): improving the health and wealth of the nation through research.
Established by the Department of Health and Social Care, the NIHR:
- Funds high quality research to improve health
- Trains and supports health researchers
- Provides world-class research facilities
- Works with the life sciences industry and charities to benefit all
- Involves patients and the public at every step
For further information, visit the NIHR website.