Preceptorship for Nurses & Midwives
At NUH we strive to continue to improve the supportive environment for our newly-qualified staff to develop confidence and skills during their preceptorship period. We also offer preceptorship to staff who are re-joining acute care.
Our Preceptorship programme offers you
- Support from Clinical Educators within Divisions, alongside the Trust’s Preceptorship team and your own allocated preceptor in your ward
- Access to courses such as the seven-day Acute Care Skills Foundation Programme and Preceptorship Development Day whether you are new to acute care or an international nurse
- Four-month formal Preceptorship as well as informal Preceptorship up to one year.
- There is the opportunity to join the Newly-Qualified Forum and represent the voice of newly-qualified staff at NUH.
- You will have your own Preceptorship development pathway booklet to work through during your first year. This booklet tracks your competencies, courses completed, meetings with your preceptor and achievements in your preceptorship year
- The opportunity to join our rotation programme and experience life in a range of specialties.
Want to learn more about Preceptorship at NUH?
Contact us here or alternatively have a look at the following documents for you to read.