Nominate for a nurse for a DAISY Award
If you want to nominate one of our nurses for providing excellent care to you or a loved one you can nominate them for a DAISY Award.
Nominations can be made by completing and posting the nomination cards on wards and in public areas into the DAISY post boxes.
The DAISY Awards
The DAISY (Diseases Attacking the Immune System) Award is an international recognition program that honours and celebrates the skillful, compassionate care nurses & midwives provide every day. The DAISY Foundation was established by the family of J. Patrick Barnes after he died from complications of the auto-immune disease ITP in 1999. During his hospitalisation, they deeply appreciated the care and compassion shown to Patrick and his entire family. When he died, they felt compelled to say “thank you” to nurses in a very public way.
Each DAISY Award Honoree will be recognised at a public ceremony in their ward or department and will receive: a beautiful certificate, a DAISY Award pin, and a hand-carved stone sculpture entitled A Healer’s Touch.
© DAISY Foundation 2016
Daisy Award Honorees 2019
- Annabel Kane - Papplewick, City
- Elena Voynova - C5, QMC
Bridget Greengrass - Simpson 2, City
Sue Mazengarb - Head and Neck Unit, QMC
DAISY Award Honorees 2018
- Vanessa Scullion - Harvey 1, City
- Mica Saunders - E12, QMC
- Sarah Brand - Renal and Transplant Unit, City
- Samantha Davies - D11, QMC
- Karen Stopper - Renal Transplant Team, City
- Kayleigh Daniels - D55, Medicine, QMC
- Nicky Scott - Nottingham Breast Institute, City
- Louise Beades Denteh - Early Pregnancy Unit, QMC
- Kealy Linford - Chemotherapy Daycase, CAS
- Nikki Cotgreave-Keates - Fertility QMC, Family Health
- Julius Manzano - Papplewick, Medicine
- Alex Hoyle - ACU, Medicine
- Fiona Syson - F21, Surgery
Nisha Thomas - Barclays, Surgery
Harry Wicks - D57, Medicine
Jessie Maud - Chemo Day Unit, CAS
Lisa Wells - D58, Medicine
Sarah Nally - Gillies, CAS
Grace Everett and Charlotte Sadler - D10, Surgery
Anitha Aranha - Acute Cardiac Unit, Medicine
Rachel Tyson - D34, Family Health
Amelia Parker - Fraser Ward, CAS
Maxine Morgan - Neurology, Clinical Support
Linda Rowley - Patience One, Medicine
Kathy Pearce - Fetal Medicine Unit, Family Health
Barnes family visit
The Barnes family visited us here at NUH on the 3rd July 2018. Many of you will recognise the Barnes family as the instigators of the Daisy award which they started after the death of their son and husband Patrick Barnes. Below is a selection of images from the family's visit.