Patient information and useful links
The cytogenetics department cannot give results or advice directly to patients. Patients can get results, information and advice from their consultant or other health professional. Some useful information may also be found at on the Clinical Genetics pages.
Information on the basis of cytogenetic tests is available on the General Test Information Page.
Below is a selection of links to external webpages that visitors might find useful. We do not endorse the content of these pages.
- Association for Clinical Genetic Science
- UKAS Medical Laboratory accreditation (ISO 15189)
- The British Society for Genetic Medicine
- European Molecular Genetics Quality Network (EMQN)
- UK Genetic Testing Network (UKGTN)
- Cytogenetic External Quality Assessment service (CEQAS)
- United Kingdom National External Quality Assessment Service (UK NEQAS)
- Unique Rare Chromosome Disorders
- Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Genetic Alliance UK
Page last updated 08/02/2018. Please note that if printed, the information is only valid on the day of printing.