Respiratory Medicine services provide a comprehensive inpatient and outpatient service for all common and most rare respiratory problems.
Respiratory services at our hospitals treat the following conditions:
The following treatments are provided at our Hospitals to treat a variety of respiratory conditions:
- Bronchoscopic techniques
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Full lung function testing including muscle testing
- Long-term and ambulatory oxygen assessments
- Fitness to fly oxygen tests
- Nebulised antibiotic or hypertonic saline challenges
- Skin testing for aeroallergens
- Nebuliser assessments
Our internationally respected Respiratory Research Unit performs research into asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Interstitial lung disease (ILD), lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) - a rare lung disease, lung cancer, pneumonia and cystic fibrosis, ensuring patients can gain access to the latest treatments and technologies and can participate in national clinical trials in our new clinical research facility.