The new Employee Helpline can offer 24/7 support to NUH staff.
It is an employee benefit designed to help you deal with any personal or professional problems which could be impacting on your general health and wellbeing.
The assistance programme is being provided by Health Assured, an independent, external organisation who work to a robust, professional code of conduct.
Dependent on the nature of the issue, counselling or advice can be provided by fully qualified professionals.
All calls are treated in the strictest of confidence and in line with The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) code of ethics. The only time confidentiality may ever be broken is if we believe you or a third party is in significant physical danger.
The helpline is open to all. You do not need to have been referred by a manager.
To access the service call 0800 783 2808.Username: NUH Password: EAP.
Your Employee Assistance Programme
Balancing everyday life with the requirements of work and home can create pressures for all of us. Health Assured is delighted to announce that we have partnered with your employer to provide all employees with complimentary access to a new enhanced EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) to assist you in achieving this balance.
How can Health Assured help?
An EAP is an employee benefit designed to help you deal with any personal or professional problems which could be impacting on your general health and wellbeing. In recognition of the fact that employees and retirees may sometimes be affected by family and relationship difficulties, limited services can be provided to an employee’s dependants and retirees.
Health Assured is an independent, external organisation who work to a robust, professional code of conduct. Dependent on the nature of the issue, counselling or advice can be provided by fully qualified professionals. All calls are treated in the strictest of confidence and in line with The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) code of ethics. The only time confidentiality may ever be broken is if we believe you or a third party is in significant physical danger.
Health Assured offers cover for you and your immediate family members*, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year:
Unlimited access to support for emotional problems and a pathway to structured telephone counselling or face-to-face counselling sessions (employees only) at your convenience.
For any issues that cause anxiety or distress including debt management, accountancy, lawsuits, consumer disputes, property or neighbour legalities.
Health Assured offers qualified and experienced counsellors who can help with grief and related stress plus a team of legal advisors to help with legal issues.
Qualified nurses are on hand to offer advice on a range of medical or health related issues. They can’t diagnose but can offer a sympathetic ear and practical information and advice.
- Wellbeing resources at your fingertips designed to quickly inform and assist with a number of common corners ranging from stress to diet, helpful fitness and wellbeing advice
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) online; we recognise the value of self-help tools in dealing with a range of issues, which is why we have a range of CBT self-help modules, informative factsheets and invaluable advice videos from leading qualified counsellors.
- Four week self-help programmes
- Mini health checks
24/7 counselling services
- All calls answered in a UK based office 24 hours per day.
- BACP/UKCP/BPS accredited therapists provide structured telephone counselling (up to 6 sessions per issue). Minimum of Counselling Diploma, 450 hours+ experience and EAP experience.
- Network of 1,500 BACP/BPS/UKCP accredited counsellors across the UK for provision of local face-to-face counselling, vetted for qualifications, experience, supervision, premises, insurance and specialisms.
All counsellors providing services under the EAP are bound by the confidentiality provisions of the BACP Code of Ethics and Practice.
The code of ethics and practice of the BACP bind all psychologists providing services. Any legal information provided to you is subject to the confidentiality provisions of the Law Society of England and Wales code of practice for solicitors.
The effect of these various codes of ethics and practice is that anything you may discuss with a counsellor or legal consultant remains confidential. Neither the fact that you have used the service or the content of any contact will be divulged to your employer or anyone else outside Health Assured. The only circumstances in which information may be disclosed are:
- If you provide explicit consent
- Health Assured is ordered by a court of law to disclose information
- The nature of your problem is such that the counsellor has reasonable grounds for believing that there may be a risk of harm to yourself or someone else
- In the latter case of risk of harm, the counsellor would seek your agreement to disclose relevant information to an appropriate party (such as the emergency services). If you are unable to give that consent then the counsellor, following consultation with a supervisor and senior manager, may feel it appropriate to break confidence in the interests of safety.
Things it can help with
- Buying a new home
- Getting married
- Family friction
- Postnatal depression
- Raising children
- Legal problems
- Unplanned pregnancy
- Anxiety disorder
- Racial discrimination
- Starting a new job
- Returning to work
- Increased responsibility
- Dealing with conflict
- Managing change
- General stress
- Flexible working rights
- Managing debt
- Controlling credit cards
- Benefit entitlement
- Money management
- Living on reduced income
- Identity theft
- Terminal illness
- Drug/ alcohol abuse
- Living with long term illness
- Car accident/ Injury
- Travel advice
- Coming to terms with retiring
- Coping with change
- Early retirement
- Relationships after retiring