Under the NHS Constitution, patients have the right to receive timely treatment. This means that you have been referred for consultant-led treatment, you should start your treatment within a maximum of 18 weeks, or if your GP has made an urgent referral where cancer is suspected, you should be seen by a specialist within two weeks.
If this is not possible, or you are concerned that you are waiting for longer, you should contact our Pateint Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).
Contact us about your appointment
To change or cancel your appointment at QMC, City Hospital or Ropewalk
- Phone the clinic number on your appointment card or letter between 8.30am-4.30pm (some services may not be available at weekends). Please have your appointment letter or card to hand as you will be asked for your hospital number
- If you are changing or cancelling with less than two working days' notice, please contact the clinic directly using the details on your appointment letter
If you do not have the clinic number or you are not able to get in touch with the clinic please contact the Switchboard.
Tel: 0115 924 9924
If you need any additional help or advice please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS).
Getting to your appointment
NUH does have a limited amount of Wheelchairs which are available to patients and visitors, However NUH cannot guarantee their will be a wheelchair available at all times and it is recommend visitors to our hospital factor this into their journey.
If you need assistance to reach your appointment, please ask at the main reception who can contact a hospital porter. However, please be aware there can be significant delay in being collected in times of high demand for the portering service.
Services for the deaf and hard of hearing
A minicom is available at QMC with the public phones on B floor, near main entrance.
The following services (not all 24 hour) also have minicom phones:
- Outpatients appointments: 0115 9422117
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS): 0800 183 0204
- Antenatal clinic: 0115 970 9258
- Emergency Department: 0115 919 4437
British Sign Language Interpreting Service
When you receive your appointment please let us know if you wish us to book an interpreter for you, or you can contact the interpreting service direct on 0115 978 6984. Please see www.disabledgo.com for further details.