Travel by car and parking
City Hospital car parks
Please use the car parks designated for public parking (indicated by a blue P symbol or blue disabled parking symbol on the map of the City Hospital site), including:
- All roadside spaces on South Road (from Gate 3)
- Purple Entrance car park - close to North Corridor (medical and surgical wards)
- Yellow car park - close to Yellow Entrance, near to Gate 5
- Green car park - close to Green Entrance and Hayward House
- Physiotherapy car park - close to Physiotherapy Outpatients and x-ray
- Blue Entrance car park - close to outpatients, maternity and x-ray
- A number of additional car parks.
Follow signs when you arrive at City Hospital or see the map below (click to enlarge).
- Hospital maps City Hospital
- Click here to see the staff car parks
We have parking rules at our hospitals. This means that anyone parking dangerously, obstructing red lined or hatched areas could face a £50 fine (reduced to £25 if paid in 14 days).
The Trust is not responsible for any public car parks near or adjacent to the hospital site which are operated by third parties.
Important note: The pay and display car parking machines on site require exact change. You can change notes at the Parking & Security office at Trust HQ on North Road - the office is on the first floor.
- 0-15 minutes – free
- 16 minutes to 1 hour – £2
- 1-2 hours – £4
- 2-4 hours – £5
- More than four hours – £6
- 1 week – £15
Concessions are made for visitors who need to attend hospital regularly. Please ask a member of staff for more information.
Please note: Our parking charges for patients, visitors and Blue Badge holders are changing. Click here for more information.
Disabled car parking
Parking for blue badge holders is free in designated blue badge spaces (but not within the main paid-for barrier-controlled car parks). If there are no official spaces available, blue badge holders may park anywhere on site that is not marked with red lines, provided they do so in a safe and proper manner and they do not impede ambulance/fire engine access.